Bienvenidos!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Jenn!
You'll find some ancient posts from my days of backpacking Europe, and then some more recent reflections.
If you're looking for something spectacular, or even remotely interesting, you may want to continue your search. I make no promises that you'll find either of those
qualities here.
However, I do know that I enjoy writing, and this is one way I can do that - enjoy!

Layout

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More from Miller and a Little from Lee

As I'm sitting here writing this post, listening to Amos Lee, it occurs to me that the lyrics to his song "Supply and Demand" are reminiscent of Miller's musings (from my last post).

The song goes something like this:

"Somethin' gotta give with the way I'm livin'
Seems I'm gettin' down everyday
The more I strive, the less I'm alive
And seems i'm gettin' further away...

"Baby i need a plan
Oh, to understand
That life ain't only supply and demand."


Here's more from Donald Miller's Through Painted Deserts. His words are so poignant, I just couldn't resist posting more excerpts.

"It occurs to me, as it sometimes does, that this day is over and will never be lived again, that we are only the sum of days, and when those are spent, we will not come back to this place, to this time to these people and these colors, and I wonder whether to be sad about this or to be happy to trust that these hours are meant for some kind of enjoyment, as a kind of blessing. And it feels, tonight, as if there is much to think about, there is much we have been given and much we have left behind." --Donald Miller

"And all of it reminds me that I am alive, that I am having some kind of experience, some kind of thing is happening to me the way it is happening to the crops, how for months they come into themselves under the soil, made from elements in the soil…" --Donald Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment